- Youth Programs & Schools
- About us
- Gift Cards
- 8 week Challenge
With current restrictions gradually being lifted around the country, we wanted to share with you a few of the initiatives that we’ve been putting in place behind the scenes to ensure that the CRANK Community is aware of the approach we’ll be taking. We have put together a CRANK Code of COVID Co-operation so that each participant understands how these guidelines will be implemented.
We have missed you all, we have been working towards making CRANK better and we look forward to seeing you soon.
We have put together a CRANK Code of COVID Co-Operating:
What is currently expected from local and federal authorities:
– Clean your hands often. Use soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub
– Maintain a safe distance of 1.5m from anyone who is coughing or sneezing
– Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth
– Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze
– Stay home if you feel unwell and get tested
What is planned to be implemented by CRANK:
– Removed some belay stations to provide a distance of 1.5 m between each belay
– Relocated some of the auto-belays to be in a specific area
– Replacing loose chalk with sanitised liquid chalk. No loose chalk, only sanitised liquid chalk
– Temperature detectors for staff to assess customer temperatures where required
– Additional cleaning and sanitising will be conducted throughout the day
– Additional self cleaning stations
– Provided increase distance between the gym equipment
– Sterilised and cleaned most climbing holds and volumes
What we ask of our members:
– Maintain a good level of hygiene – Bring your personal yoga mat, a towel and wear appropriate clothing (including shirts are to be worn)
– Respect Physical/Social Distancing – It will be very exciting to see your CRANK Crew again, however please adhere to the social distancing rules and avoid person-to-person contact
– Wash your hands in soapy water before and after training – The kitchen area will be established with soap, consider using your elbow when turning taps on and off
– Use sanitised liquid chalk during training – There will be no allowed use for loose chalk, we will revisit at a later date, especially for lead climbing. For now, sanitisation and compliance with regulation is priority
– Show kindness – To our staff and to each other. At times we will be required to enforce strict hygiene requirements, please listen to the staff and follow as directed. There may or may not be time restrictions and other such legislated imposed requirements
– Self-regulate your health – If you are not feeling well please do not come in, please stay home. Seek medical advice as required before attending. If you are diagnosed with COVID19 please notify us immediately
– Understand your responsibilities – By returning you agree to the CRANK Code of Co-operation as part of the conditions to entry
Stage 3 Changes Easing to allow the following
– Online and on-arrival bookings are allowed
– Maximum capacity is one person per four square metres (allowable 400+ participants)
– Water fountains re-open
– Table tennis re-open
As we navigate through to reopening, there will be some new challenges and adjustments to daily operations. We kindly ask for your co-operation.
A draft has been released that plans to enable gyms to open with a restricted capacity of 20 people. Details of other restrictions and measures have not yet been released.
We want to talk you all for being such a wonderful community. In the recent announcement from Scott Morrison we have to close our doors on Monday 23rd. All members will be suspended without fees, we are making those arrangements now.
Everything, including memberships are on freeze until we receive guidance from the PM.
We want to thank everyone for their support and cannot wait to get back to training again.
– WE ARE OPEN.
– 30% off gear for full fee members.
– Online classes are now sent to members.e climbs for your enjoyment.
– New birthday party bookings are limited to 6.
– WE ARE OPEN. Maintaining an appropriate level of fitness is important.
– We continue to route set and provide more climbs for your enjoyment.
– We will continue to deliver youth classes with a requirement that youth, wash hands before and after class, as well as keeping 1.5m distance from each other. We are monitoring and this is subject to change.
– We will cap the number of people to 100 in the centre at any time. Which equates to more than 17 sqm per participant personal space.
– Everyone is expected to bring a towel, this will assist you in not touching your face.
– If you are unwell or have been in contact with someone unwell, please keep away from the centre.
– The centre is large, follow the 1.5m rule and personal space should not be an issue.
In the interest of community health and continue climbing enjoyment, we are implementing strategies to exceed the current guidelines around hygiene management. It is important that as a community we work together.
Our approach has three elements:
We are thankful that CRANK is such a large facility and with our great community, we can get through this with the best possible risk mitigation procedures.
We ask that you:
We are truly lucky to have such a caring climbing community.
Located on Kessels Road behind Nick Scali.
The driveway to the left of AMF Bowling.